Monday 5 November 2012

Media evaluation

Throughout Media so far I have learnt primarily that in order to succeed in this course I must be organised and thorough in my work so that I don't have to go back and re-do mistakes. As well as this I have learnt a lot more Media key terms following on from GCSE Media which has helped me enormously in my essay writing to reach higher grades. Following on from this, my essay writing has improved because I have learnt to split media texts into manageable sections and then analyse them so I achieve greater detail which again helps me gain higher grades.

I have learnt all of this mainly from practicing and from class work so that I learn what I am doing wrong and therefore can improve them after.

Within the course I have learnt that my strengths lie in analysis and structuring an essay however I am weaker in other areas such as considering other people's analysis and working in a group.

As well as this I struggle with placing media key terms into an actual essay. This is because I easily get confused between an indexical sign, iconic sign etc. so I tend not to input them into an essay so that I don't make a mistake. However, I think this is something I will have to work on because it will prevent me from reaching top grades in an exam.

I also think that my camera and technical skills lack within Media for example working on an Apple Mac and using a camera. This could prevent me from making a successful opening sequence because I lack the technical skill to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment